Factory Outlet Shopping
Below are two lists of UK factory and discount shops and outlet
villages. Always telephone before making a journey to ensure the facility is
still trading and that the hours are not specific to certain days or factory
working hours. True factory shops are sometimes on trading estates or at the
back of industrial towns. The items sold are genuinely not quite perfect or are
overstock. Check out my latest trends pages for further information.
Do telephone first for a few details about the type of
stock they hold. You may not want pleated skirts, may hate T-shirt sporty
clothing or may prefer fleece to pure wool or vice versa. Check them out first.
Ask for adequate directions or get a map or brochure sent to you. Ring the
outlet you intend to visit and ask for their postcode then use the Internet site Map24 to find a new outlet more easily.
Please note this page is no longer linked to the retailers
listed here as site urls change too often. Look them up yourself using retailer
keywords in www.google.com .
Be aware there is a difference between goods sold at outlet
shops, outlet villages and the factory shops actually attached to the factory.
Such a factory shop may be the only real outlet for dispersal of almost perfect
goods or quite imperfect, but ridiculously inexpensive clothes.
Real factory shops may actually reveal new fashion items,
sample one off garments and the latest colours. If you sew or tailor or hand or
sometimes surplus rolls of fabric or cones of yarns in the new season's colours
and textures are available. These are the outlets you really need to find out about. Outlet shops and villages are more likely to be selling last season's
surplus stock that had to be removed from in-store sales racks to make room for
fresh goods that look jaded when mixed with old stock.
Discounts in UK vary from 25% to an enormous 70% and they will be
quality brand goods. Often though, they may not have quite that special pizzazz or the colour
you are really looking for. Use this kind of shopping to boost your replacement
basics with good quality names that use quality fabrics and a high number of
stitches per inch like Burberry, Liz Claiborne, Mulberry, Monsoon, Timberland, Next, Alex
Windsmoor, Planet, Benetton, Jigsaw, Clarks, Margaret Howell,
Really cheap clothes use the minimum number of stitches possible to
sew a seam and those clothes have short lives. This may or may not bother you.
If you collect classic items each season make those items, high quality
products. If it's an item you intend only to wear once or twice you can be much
less discriminating about inner finish for example.
If you ring the main outlet information centres they will tell
you if your favourite discount shop is at that venue.
Clarks Village in Somerset,
UK for example can be found on the
Internet and they will send a brochure. Within the shopping complex factory salesrooms
you will be able to buy a wide range of goods from shoes to branded clothes to
household tools and furnishings. I have listed linking sites that give good
You can also find out more information from the 'good deal directory'.
These pages are updated when you advise me if you know a shop has now closed
down or opened.
Two final things to remember are 'caveat emptor' or buyer
beware. But don't forget that your UK consumer rights under the Sale Of Goods
Act are exactly the same as when buying elsewhere in the high street.
Please email Fashion-Era at address below if you know a telephone number or
venue has changed. Visitors are always grateful for news of amendments.
- Alexon Sale Shop - Shrewsbury 01743 236319
- Alexon Sale Shop - High Wycombe 01494 464214
- Alexon Sale Shop - Luton 01582 483422
- Aquascutum Factory Shop - Hemel Hempstead n/k
- Aquascutum Factory Shop - Hornsea n/k
- Bargain Street Discount Shop Huddersfield 01484 421969
- Bargain Street Discount Shop - Wetherby 01937 845650
- Burberry Factory Shop - Blythe 01670 352524
- Burberry Factory Shop - Rhondda 01443 772020
- The Burberry Factory Shop in London is at 29 - 53 Chatham Place London E9
- Clarks Village Factory Shop - Somerset 01458 840064
- Clarks - Bicester 01869 325646
- Claridge Mills Factory Shop - Selkirk 01750 20300
- Coats Viyella
Factory Shop - Somercotes Derbyshire 01773 727590 (Amended 12
- Dents Factory Shop - Wiltshire 01985 212291
- Designer Warehouse Sales - London
020 7704 1064 Most sales are held at 45 Balfe Street London N1
- Empire Shop - Bradford 01274 763760
- Empire Shop - Wakefield 01924202708
- Factory Shop - Rayleigh - 01268 773633
- Stage 2 - Freemans -Peterborough) 01733 263308
- Gossard Factory Shop - Leighton Buzzard 01525 851122
- Gleneagles Knitwear Factory Shop Auchterarder 01764 662112
- James Pringle Factory Shop - Leith 0131 553 5l6l
- John Partridge Factory Shop -Rugeley 01889 584438
- John Smedley Factory Shop - Derbyshire 01629 534571
- John Smedley Factory Shop - Doncaster 01302 832346
- K Shoes Factory Shop 01539 3855340
- Kangol Factory Shop - Cumbria 01946 810312
- Kangol Factory Shop - Weston Super Mare N/K
- Laura Ashley Discount Shop - Colne 01282 860166
- Laura Ashley Discount/ Factory Shop - Hornsea 01964 536503
- Laura Ashley Discount Shop - Street Somerset 01458 840405
- Liberty Mill Shop - Burnley 01282 424600
- Linton Tweeds Factory Shop - Shaddon Mills, Carlisle Cumbria CA2 5TZ
- Mulberry Factory Shop - Somerset 01749 340 583
- M&G Designer Fashions- Hickstead 01444 881511
- Napier - Eastbourne 01323 644511
- Belinda Robertson Cashmere - Edinburgh 0131 225 1057
- Paul Costello Factory Shop - Ellesmere Port 0151 357 1681
- Shoe City Factory Shop -Milton Keynes 01908 201324
TOP OF PAGE
- Slimma Factory Shop - Leek Staffs 01538 751455
- Slimma Factory Shop - Cheadle Staffs 01538 751455
- Susan Walker Classics Ltd Factory Shop - Guildford 01483 577921
- Triumph International Factory Shop - Swindon 01793 720213
- Warner's Factory Shop - Dromore N Ireland 01846 692466
- Warner's Factory Shop - Nottingham 0115 979 5796
- White And Co Factory Shop - Earls Barton - Daventry 01327
- Windsmoor Factory Shop - Hornsea n/k
Scroll down for the second list of Outlet Villages.
If you really are larger than the average person buy some of the clothes
especially designed for larger ladies and listed on my page
This list is not
exhaustive. Fashion-Era.com can take no responsibility for any loss you
may incur from the information here.
Please email Fashion-Era.com at address below if you know a telephone number or
venue has changed.
These are information numbers for the whole complex of many UK village
outlet shops, with sometimes as many as 62 varied shops in one complex. The
operators will be able to give you telephone details of individual stockists and
hours of opening.
TO TOP OF PAGE
New complexes are springing up all the time so please do write
to me if you know of a new venue not listed here.
- Bicester Outlet Village 01869 323 200
- Ebbw Vale Festival Park Factory Shopping 01495 350010
- Cheshire Oaks Ellesmere Park 0151 348 5600
- Clacton Shopping Village, Stephenson Road West, Clacton on Sea, Essex
Tel: 01255 479595.
- Clarks Village Street Somerset 01458 840064
- De Bradelei Wharf Wellington Dock Dover Kent 01304 226616
- Freeport Braintree 01376 348168
- Freeport Fleetwood 01253 877377
- Freeport Hornsea 01964 534211
- Freeport Talke, Nr. Kidsgrove Stoke On Trent 01782 774113
- Freeport Westwood West Lothian 01501 763 488
- Great Western Designer Outlet Swindon 01793 507600
- Jackson's Landing Hartlepool 01429 866989
- Killarney Outlet Village Co. Kerry Ireland 064 36744
- K Village 01539 732 363
- Loch Lomond Alexandria 01389 710 077
- Mc Arthur Glen Mansfield Derby 01773 545000
- Mc Arthur Glen Bridgend South Wales 01656 665700
- Mc Arthur Glen Designer
Outlet York, St Nicholas Avenue, Fulford, York, 01904 682720
- Merchants Quay Brighton Marine Village 01273 818504
TOP OF PAGE
- Peak Village Rowsley Derbyshire 01629 735326
- Royal Quays North Shields
0191 296 3743
- Sterling Mills Nr. Stirling 01259 752 100
- The Galleria Outlet Centre Hatfield Herts 01707 278301
- Yorkshire Outlet Doncaster 01302 366444
- Wilton Shopping Centre Salisbury 01722 741211
- The Galleries Aldershot 01252 341 11 11
- Whitley Village Fareham Nr Portsmouth 01489 886886
These lists are not
exhaustive. By its very nature
this information is constantly changing.
Fashion-Era.com can take no responsibility for any loss you
may incur from the information here.
Please email Fashion-Era.com if you know a telephone number or
venue has changed.
If you like this page then please share it with your friends
For related fashion information click below :-
TOP OF PAGE To Next Page